Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Christmas Post

Christmas was small this year but absolutely wonderful! I found a foster-kitty who needed a loving home as much as I wanted to give him one! He stayed with my sis for a few weeks before Christmas so the girls had no idea!  

Christmas Eve, after the "feeding of the reindeer" and the setting of Santa's cookies and milk, the kids finally fell asleep. And my dad brought our kitty, Franky, home.

We've already given him "pet names": Frankford, Frankenbaby, Franklin, Frankfurter. I'm weird about names but the woman that fostered Franky and his brother Sammy LOVED them. She had bottle-fed the siblings back to health and they were her "kids" so I kept his name for her...ya, not a big "Franky" fan but the care she gave this kitty made him a sweet, loving, purring, hugging, sit on your shoulder-ing, people-loving cat and we adore him! I was waiting for him to freak after I put the Christmas collar on him but he didn't even flinch! He has no idea he is a cat. He also likes to play in water. We love the little weirdo!

 
Zoe made our tree topper this year..and we got new ornaments to commemorate the beginning of our new life. The ones above in the first pic, Jaida picked out the hedgie (that's my girl!), and the faux gingerbread cookie ornaments are from my mom (we got six on a cute tiny cookie sheet). Below are some of my other favorites from this Christmas season. I picked the snowman to mark and remember the year 2009: a really difficult year but an important one nonetheless.



The plastic tree with my baby's kindergarten picture was Zoe's creation. She was beaming when she gave it to me so I will forever picture that expression every year I see this ornament. :)  The little beaded ones are from a collection that a very good friend from New Zealand (or Sea land as my girls call it). She also sent yummy homemade chocolate confections which were gone in under 3 minutes! Living so long in a city without friends or family, I'm so thankful for the few really good friends I've made through Etsy and Flickr. Cupcake (Kaysie), you are another one! You've been such a great friend to me over the past couple of years that I've known you....why must you two have to live so far away?! Thank-you so much for "being there" for me and my girls. You have the most beautiful hearts, and I heart you for it!


Shop Update 1/16/10!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my.. you are so cute and sweet.. I adore your kitty and how wonderful that your girls were able to get one! I had a traditional flame point girl and her name was "Kitty" because that was her given name from the shelter. I would have gone with a different name too, but.. shrug. I adored her anyway, but no thanks to *somebody I had to give her up.

    I just had to share that I totally understand and sympathize when *somebody "forgets" to do things that they promised for their kids. I'm beginning to think that my six year old son is starting to know who I'm referring to when I call that person "somebody" in the midst of a spew of angry things that I vent about 'said person' to my boyfriend, and that maybe I should invent a new name! I hate it when "somebody" "forgets". Grrrrr.

    And by the way, it looks like you had a perfectly magical Christmas despite the unemployed single mom-hood status. I know that feeling, too. Congratulations and great work!

    (Whew! I didn't mean to leave a novel! Sorry!)

    Besides all of that I still am loving my Wunderkind Kokeshi Spool Doll Aki. Thank you for making her!

    ReplyDelete